LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
- Information Collection
Honeymoon Software respects your privacy and the information you provide to us. We only collect personal information that you provide to us, which may include your name and email address, as well as other information that you include when communicating with us. We’ll ask your permission before collecting any other information that may be needed in the future.
We may also collect other information that relates to you and your use of the Services automatically, or through third parties.
- General Use. We collect, process, and retain information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: register for an account with us; update or add information to your account; participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution; engage or communicate with us, other users or third parties in connection with the Services; complete transactions using the Services; or otherwise access, use or download any part or whole of the Services. Such information is limited to:
- identifying information (your name and email address);
- information relating to the performance of the Services you experience; and
- information you provide via web form, community discussion, chats and dispute resolution.
- Automatic Collection. By using the Services, we may automatically collect information about how you use and interact with our games and Services, the areas of the Services that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser and operating system type, resolution of your screen, language settings in your browser, referring URLs, and other technical information (“Logs”). This information is necessary for providing personalized content and services within our games and Services, as well as for analyzing web traffic, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving the Services.
- Financial Information. You may, from time to time, be able to make purchases through the App, and we may collect certain financial information from you on behalf of the Payment Processor in order to facilitate the transaction. However, this information is temporarily cached so that it is unreadable to us. We do not collect or retain your credit card information. Instead, we receive confirmation of your purchases from the Payment Processor so that we can verify when a purchase has been completed. When you make purchases through the Apps (via the App Store or Google Play) we do not collect or store any payment information from you. Instead, the terms and privacy policies applicable to those platforms will apply to your purchase.
- Additional Information. We may, from time to time, ask you to provide consent for our collection of further information from you or your device. For example, we may request access to your microphone to enable speech recognition. If we do this, we will first confirm the type of information we would like to collect from you, why we need it and how we will use it.
- Third Party Data. We may obtain data from third parties who have obtained your consent or have another legal right to share such information with us. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data and applicable laws. These third-party data sources vary over time, but may include without limitation: data aggregators or brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect; social networks when you grant permission to us to access your data on one or more networks; platforms; and partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Feedback. Any suggestions or comments for improving or modifying the Services that are included in your communications with us (“Feedback”) will be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary to you, and you agree that: (a) Honeymoon Software is therefore not subject to any confidentiality obligations with respect to the Feedback; (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of any third party and you have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to us; (c) Honeymoon Software may irrevocably freely use, reproduce, publicize the Feedback; and (d) you are not, nor is any other party, entitled to receive any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us in relation to the Feedback.
- Information Use
All information and data that we collect is used to provide and improve the Services. We don’t have any other interest, and won’t sell your data to third parties.
You hereby consent to our using any of the information we collect on you (the “Information”), which includes without limitation your Personal Information:
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to improve our Services in order to better serve you;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when using our Services;
- to provide targeted advertising to you;
- to appropriately respond to your communications and provide you with customer service;
- to contact you about feature updates and informational and service-related communications;
- for internal statistical, marketing or operational purposes, including without limitation generating sales reports and measuring and understanding demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our customers;
- for the purpose of marketing and promoting our Services (including contacting you by email, unless you opt-out); and
- Information Disclosure
We disclose your information only to the extent that is necessary to provide you with the Services, and only in accordance with applicable laws.
- International Transfer and Storage. Your Information may cross international borders in order to facilitate the Services. In some cases, your Personal Information may be disclosed, processed, and stored outside Canada, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there.
- Information Security
We protect your Personal Information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us. Honeymoon Software follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Third Party Policies
If you choose to visit another site or use a third-party service, such as signing up for our email distribution list through MailChimp, then you’ll be bound by their terms and privacy policies.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your Personal Information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of each such third-party before any such engagement or disclosure.
The Services may contain links to third party websites or applications that are not owned, maintained or operated by Honeymoon Software. Any such links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Honeymoon Software. Honeymoon Software is not responsible for the content of such linked third-party websites or applications and does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees regarding the content or the privacy practices of such third parties. For certainty, Honeymoon Software disclaims any liability associated with your access to, use of, download of, or reliance on, such third-party websites or applications and their content. If you decide to access, use or download any such third-party website, application or content, you do so at your sole risk.
- Marketing & Advertising
You will only receive marketing communications from us via email if you choose to expressly sign up for our mailing list and by creating an account with MailChimp. You may opt-out at any time by following the steps required by MailChimp to remove yourself from our mailing list.
- Withdrawal of Consent & Changes to Personal Information
Honeymoon Software takes reasonable steps to help ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is accurate, complete and current. You may request access to your Personal Information and request that erroneous or inaccurate Personal Information be updated.
- Data Retention
Honeymoon Software will only retain your Personal Information until you choose to delete or direct us to remove such information, unless we are required to retain this information for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations. Further, we will not keep Logs for longer than ninety (90) days, unless requested otherwise.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your Personal Information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies. We are not responsible for any liability or loss you experience as a result of our disposal of Personal Information.
- General Data Protection Regulation
Honeymoon Software acknowledges that the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) may apply to how Honeymoon Software handles information collected from users located in the European Union. Therefore, in circumstances where the GDPR does apply, Honeymoon Software shall comply with requests made pursuant to the GDPR, including requests by users to have their Personal Information held by Honeymoon Software deleted, and shall ensure data is transferred, stored and processed in a way which ensures an adequate level of data protection.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about Honeymoon Software’s privacy and data management policies, contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.